MeTime is looking to hire a Head of Engineering who can experiment, build, and lead with passion and purpose.
MeTime is an early-stage startup that recently launched its first product in Chicago. Through the insights and validation we’ve gathered from our current MVP, we’re eagerly looking for an experienced senior software engineer to help us build, advise on technical strategy, and grow our product development capabilities.
Childcare options have not adapted to match the changing needs of parents today. Childcare today can mean high commitment and inflexibility in scheduling for parents, but many parents are working more flexible, freelance, or part-time schedules (in part due to the high cost of full-time childcare).
MeTime wants to make childcare more accessible by aggregating more flexible, hourly drop-off childcare options that parents can instantly find and book as they need it. Parents can book as little as one hour up to one day of care in the areas they live, work, or play—allowing them to go to the gym, go to the grocery store, or just get a few hours of work done. By aggregating capacity across licensed daycares,vetted professional nannies, and stay-at-home parents in one spot, parents can search for and book only the time they need and share providers across families, keeping their costs low while increasing providers’ earning potential.
What would life be like as our Head of Engineering?
By coming in early, you’d play a key role in establishing our overall approach to product development. This is an opportunity for a senior software engineer looking to build and scale products while taking on a leadership role.
We’re looking to bring on an experienced full stack developer who would partner with our Chief Product Officer (who leads our user research, design, and service strategy) to lead and push our product development from MVP to a fully launched service. This person will help inform and evolve our technical vision, architecture, and roadmap for the platform going forward, while being hands on as one of our first full-time developers.
We want someone who thrives on solving complex problems, believes in the power of iterative prototyping, champions strong development practices, and gets energy from our mission and the people we serve.
We’re offering a full-time salary, flexible work schedule (that’s what MeTime is all about!), and equity for the right person who is aligned with our values and can bring strategic vision, entrepreneurial spirit, and human-centered execution.
What are we looking for? You do not need to currently be in a Lead Engineer role!
- Experienced and versatile full stack developer who can build high quality, sustainable, and reliable digital products (iterate and scale both parent and provider products; experience developing products for a two-sided marketplace would be a bonus!)
- Familiarity with Laravel / PHP to build upon our current web stack while also considering other languages, frameworks, and approaches that best support the evolution of our product. You should be comfortable choosing the languages, technologies, and partners that can allow us to grow and adapt over time.
- Excited to help build and guide a development team that supports the company to evolve our products, expand into new markets, and create new offerings.
- A strong communicator who can simplify complex technical challenges, concepts, and decisions to non-technical team members.
- Comfort and experience in applying an iterative approach toward quick-and-dirty prototyping and product development based on user insights.
- Ambitious and energized by a startup environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and building from the ground up
You share similar values as us.
- Balance: It is at the core of what we do. MeTime is about finding balance and investing in yourself so that you can always show up as your best. That holds true for our customers and our team.
- People first: We’re motivated by helping people and building a community. We make decisions with empathy and believe in the power of people and relationships, not just technology.
- Optimism and flexibility: We’re all about “yes and.” Both as a collaborative team and in addressing the needs of our customers, we are compassionate, flexible, and delightful to work with (the whole reason we are here is to make parents’ lives easier, not get in the way.)
- Curiosity: We are always growing and adapting to ensure that we deliver is in the best interest of both our parents and providers. We make decisions with humility, knowing we always have more to learn.